You might feel frustrated with missing tooth or with having to deal with the use of traditional dentures. There is no need to worry because this is not a hopeless case. Here at Smile Center , we aim to provide you the best and excellent dental services that will address your unique and specific needs and help you achieve the smile you have always wanted.
If missing teeth is one of your oral health problems, dental implants is one of the best and newest solution. Dental implant is a titanium screw that is used to support one or more crown. It replaces the root of the tooth by being placed into the jawbone. One of the best advantages of implants is that no adjacent teeth need to be prepared or ground down to hold your new replacement tooth or teeth in place. In order to receive implants, your gums must be healthssy and you should have adequate bone to support the implant. And to ensure long term success of the implant, proper oral hygiene and regular dental visits are important.
Dental implants are a popular and effective way to replace missing teeth and are made to blend in with your other teeth. They are an excellent long-term option for restoring your smile. And just like your natural teeth, they need proper caring to ensure long term success of the implant. Remember that proper oral hygiene and regular dental visits are important.
Why should you consider getting a dental implant?
- When you lose a tooth, the surrounding teeth will eventually begin moving to fill in the space and you want to stop your teeth from shifting into the empty space because this can only cause a number of dental complications. Placing a dental implant will keep your teeth properly spaced which will make it easier for you to clean them.
- Choosing dental implant over fixed bridge will prevent deterioration of your jawbone.
- You can avoid a wide variety of complications with dentures such as poor fit, sore in the mouths, sunken lips and food restrictions.
- Dental implant can help you preserve your appearance because it provides the stimulation your body needs to produce dense, healthy jawbone material and keep your face looking full and youthful. If you have a missing teeth, your jawbone will begin to deteriorate and will cause your face to appear sunken in. Getting a dental implant will help you avoid getting this look.
- Dental implants allow you to speak without having to worry that the tooth might slip, unlike with poor fitting dentures with teeth slipping in your mouth, causing you to mumble or slur your words.
- Implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures because they become part of you
- Loose and slipping dentures make it difficult for you to eat and chew. Dental implants function naturally just like your teeth, so you do not have to worry about any restrictions on eating the food that you like.
- In dental implant, there is no need to alter the nearby teeth which allows you to keep more of your teeth to be left intact. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Implants are durable and can last for many years and can even possibly last a lifetime if given proper care.
- Dental implants eliminate the inconvenience of removing dentures as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place
Below are the procedures involved in getting an implant:
- The dentist first surgically places the implant into the jawbone. Your dentist may recommend a diet of soft foods, cold foods and warm soup during the healing process.
- Then the bone around the implant would heal in a process called “osseointegration”. This bone grows strong enough and holds the implant in place. Sometimes it takes a couple of months before the implant is completely integrated so the patient would have to wait before the replacement teeth can be attached to the implant.
- Last step is the placement of the artificial tooth or teeth. For a single tooth implant, your dentist will customize a new tooth for you, called a dental crown. The crown will be based on size, shape, color and fit, and will be designed to blend in with your other teeth. If you are replacing more than a single tooth, custom-made bridges or dentures will be made to fit your mouth and your implants.
Contact Midtown Smile Center for best dental implants in Midtown & Buckead . Conveniently located Midtown Smile Center, 999 Peachtree St NE #700, Atlanta, GA 30309